Job analysis is to document the requirements of a job and the work performed. Job analysis is systematically performed as a preliminary to successive actions.
Job analysis can be used for these purposes:
- Performance appraisals,
- Training needs assessment,
- Organizational analysis/planning.
- Job evaluation,
- Promotions and workforce planning,
- Career planning.
- Interviews with incumbents and supervisors
- Questionnaires and inventories
Ways to conduct a job analysis:
The outcome of the job analysis must include:
- Name of the domain, job, position, date of conducting,
- Requirements of the job, related prosedures,
- Necessary machines and tools,
- Kullanılan makine, araç-gereç ve aletler,
- Work environment (both physical and social)
- Level of supervision needed.