In Human Resources, Career management means the employee’s improvement according the his/her skills.
Career management activities include planning in order to
- Increase job satisfaction
- Increase level of performance
- Personal development
- Reinforce the “state of belonging”
- Use the resources productively
- Reach the organizational targets in short period of time.
Career management begins with finding out the employee’s personal interests and occupational targets. Then, due to the organizational opportunities, employee’s education and skills, career paths are designed. In time the plans can be revised according to the peformance of the employees.
- Preparing the personal profiles,
- Setting long term personal and professional targets,
- Environment analysis,
- Personal strengths/weaknesses,
- Strategic career alternatives,
- Short term action plans,
- Reviewing the results.
- Posted in: Uncategorized